Sometimes I just don't have an eye-opening, full of widsom blog to write about, not that I ever do! But today I wanted to share what my 4 year old, Coby, has learned.
We were in the car on the way to my dentist office and Coby says to me, "mama, look". I look in the rear view mirror and he's got his little fingers up in the air doing something. I think I know what he's doing, so I turn the radio down and listen.... "snap". I said "oh my gosh, Coby, you snapped!" and I'm telling you I made a really big deal about it and he was just smiling and laughing and continuing to practice his snap. We got back to Mimi's house to pickup Caleb and I told Coby to show Daddy and Caleb what he learned. I'm telling you, I think I was more excited than he was, lol.
Why did I make such a big deal about this? I know you may be thinking... this is NOT something to be this excited about. But you have to understand where we've come from. Well because Coby is my strong-willed child and when he can't "get" something the first time, he says "I can't do it", stops trying, gets all upset, and even falls out sometimes. Coby needs encouragement to keep trying. Caleb, several weeks back, learned how to snap his fingers and was going around snapping his fingers all day, while Coby kept getting more frustrated, so for him to learn this and any other thing that may seem small will be made a big deal of. I have this quote taped on my computer screen at work that goes something like this...
"If you don't listen to the little things when they are little, they won't tell you the big things when they are big".
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

Oh how awesome for him! I can remember when mine learned to snap and they thought it was just the most wonderful thing! Good for Coby!!!
ReplyDelete