Thursday, January 22, 2009

Keep objects away from the eyes






Coby has injured both of his eyes within the last 2 months. The first time a toy hit the white part of his eye, and he cried for a good while. He just looks pitiful doesn't he? But that doesn't stop him. He was up and running around within 30 minutes.




Yesterday, I'm at work and get a call from his teacher. For the mothers out there, you know that feeling you get when you get that kind of call, and your heart starts beating faster, waiting to hear what has happened... well my first thought was "oh no, what's happened to him?" and my immediate second thought was "oh no, what's he done to someone?" lol. Yes all of these thoughts can run through your mind in a matter of seconds. She told me he was playing and she turned for a second and the kids started saying Coby's eye was bleeding, which was on the lid, blah blah blah blah ... that's really all I heard, lol. He has two teachers, and the one that called me is hispanic, so the way she was explaining, I wasn't sure how serious it was. I asked "is it still bleeding... is he complaining about it hurting" she said no to both, but I still wasn't sure how serious it was, so I went and got him. Turned out that he scraped his lid with a pencil somehow. Thank God it wasn't the white part, again. Here's the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment