Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Casanova

Let me tell you all about Caleb... my little Casanova. I have always noticed the way he acts around girls, in person and on TV. He pays close attention. He already has a little "girlfriend". Her name is Darece (we call her Rece, pronounced "reesie"). She goes to church and school with him.


A couple of weeks ago, he was wrapping a Chik-fil-A book up between 2 pieces of paper, gluing the paper together, wrapping it like a present. I asked what he was doing and he informed me that he was making Rece a present. He had even colored some bows to glue on top of it. It was about a week and half later before he was able to give it to her. And she was like "what is it?" lol. But she was thrilled that Caleb gave her a present and told everyone he did so. He even asked me if he could spend the night at Rece's house... ummmm NO!!! lol

I was watching Miss America this past weekend. Caleb was on the computer, but at one point I noticed that he stopped playing to watch the "girls" on TV. He has an eye for girls already. I'm not sure where this is all going to go as he gets older... him noticing girls and how treats them... but I pray he turns out right in how he treats girls, and doesn't take advantage of his charm and romancing to get what he wants out of a relationship. I pray that the men in his life, as well as myself, can instill in him the values of how to treat women. I already pray for the wife that my children will have one day.

Childhood memories, don't ya just love 'em.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can only hope and pray that they will be good little boys and grow up to be good little men. But you know that the phone calls are going to start with some little gals asking "Is Caleb home?" or "Is Coby home?" Let's just hope that when they do call for one and he is not home they just don't say "oh well, is his brother home then?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie. My son was like that at that age, too. Thankfully, he not a girl-crazy sixteen year old. He is balanced in his interests. Praise God! There is hope.

    ReplyDelete