Home Depot Kids Workshop
I haven't blogged much about daily life in a while and being that the last few posts were about me and the serious part of life, I just wanted to post some pics and show what we've been doing the last couple of months.
The boys participated in the Home Depot Kids Workshop in February. It was their first and the loved it. And so did I because it was FREE! Plus it gives them a sense of accomplishment and pride to see their finished products. They built a "car display" and we just had to get some paint before we left so they could paint them when we got home. Their little Home Depot aprons are so cute!
Coby painting his display with none other than ORANGE! His favorite color!
Caleb painting his with none other than his favorite color... RED!
They are serious about this painting thing
We HAD to go to Walmart and get a pack of Hot Wheels to put on their new car display, which of course are somewhere in a toy box or in a closet or under the couch, along with the display! LOL
Snow Day in Alabama!
We tend to get really excited around here when snow falls. I mean like super excited. Then we take all the pictures we can because we know it will be a long time (maybe a year, maybe 5 years... ya just never know) before we see the white stuff again. I took lots of pictures from the time I woke up around 6:00 am until the sunset. Don't worry, you won't see all the pictures, but here are a few to journal our day. This was February 12, 2010, which was a Friday so everyone... well at least all government employee's... and schools were given a "snow day".
Uncle Greg's backyard (Millbrook, approx 9:30 am)
Coby making his snow angel
Coby & Caleb starting to make a snowman at our apartment
(Montgomery, approx 4:00 pm)
Losing Teeth
Caleb lost his 2nd top tooth and is a snaggle tooth!!! This picture was taken close up so you could see his missing teeth, but his face looks puffy, lol.
"Let's Pretend Hospital"
Caleb's class, along with all the other 1st graders, went to the "Let's Pretend Hospital". They take them through everything from the admission of patient, to the lab, surgery, nursery and other areas of a hospital, and even gave them play money to pay their bill when discharged. Caleb was so excited because he got to play the role of "Daddy" during the tour and even got to wear a tie. His classmate Whesley played the patient and Kiara played "Mama" and got to wear a purse and beads ... an afterthought ... don't you think it would have been more convincing if Whesley played the daddy and Caleb played the patient... get what I'm saying here? :) ... Anyways, back on subject, lol. They had a great time and learned alot. Whesley chose to have 'brain surgery'... well his parents blurted out that he needed brain surgery (in a joking way). Kiara got to hold and feed the baby in the nursery and Caleb got to pay the bill at the end. Afterwards, we all went to Vaughn Road Park for lunch and playtime. We had a great field trip!
Whesley, Kiara & Caleb
Vaughn Road Park
Wagon Train
The rodeo was in town and where we live is about 1/2 mile from the Garrett Coliseum where the rodeo is held each year. I happened to be home one afternoon, after a field trip with Coby and saw the police stopping traffic. So I watched to see why and saw the wagon train coming! I had to get some pictures to show the boys. I hear they travel a good ways to get to the coliseum.

Great pics. Especially the toothless ones. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved the story you shared on my blog in the comments today.
Blessings ~ Rachel
Love looking at the pictures. They are so cute.
ReplyDelete@ Michelle... thank you. You are going to start posting some on yours... right? :)
ReplyDelete@ Rachel - thank you... I love all of the P31 women!