We were reading Isaiah 50 during service last night and two verses inparticular stood out to me...
Isaiah 50:10-11 (The Message)
Who out there fears God, actually listens to the voice of his servant? For anyone out there who doesn't know where you're going, anyone groping in the dark, Here's what: Trust in God. Lean on your God! But if all you're after is making trouble, playing with fire, Go ahead and see where it gets you. Set your fires, stir people up, blow on the flames, But don't expect me to just stand there and watch. I'll hold your feet to those flames.
I used to walk in the dark, with no light, but then I started trusting in the name of the Lord and relying on God! And wow.... that's FREEDOM! I had no purpose. I was just drifting through life with no plan. Doing what I wanted to do, being with who I wanted to be with, with no realization or thought that there are real consequences to every action... physically and spiritually. So because of my choices, which were against God's will, He let me fuel the fires and burn myself. He didn't want me to do it, but since I have free will, it's my choice of who I trust and obey.
Thank God for mercy, freedom and redemption! He knew every second of every day of my life. He knew the choices I'd make, the plans I made for myself, the numerous times I grieved Him. But God! He was right there waiting for me to turn around and say "Help. I need You!" And with a glad heart, loved me, forgave me, and redeemed me from the fire!
Our God is an awesome God!
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

Tonya, I so identify with your leaving behind a series of selfish and unwise choices that left you with reaping what should never have been sewn. I too have done that same thing. Although I am still reaping some of those seeds, the Lord is gracious and His blessings overflow. He is merciful to have saved me by His precious blood so that I don't have to pay the penalty for all those poor choices I made. He took the penalty for me. Thanks for reminding me again of what an awesome God we serve.
ReplyDelete