Originally posted on 2/9/2010
You know that verse...
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." ~Matthew 7:13-14
I can remember hearing this all my life. I even understand what it's saying. But it doesn't apply to my life... or so I thought. I have deceptively thought that this part of the Bible didn't apply to me because... "I'm a good person, I live a morally decent life, am good to people, am a good mom, do good things, blah blah blah blah blah.........
WRONG!!!!!
I can't pick apart the Bible and apply what "I want" to apply and pretend the rest is for everyone else. No... the entire Bible is for every believer to live by and apply to their lives. Wow, do I have a lot to learn!
The most prominent part of the Bible that I have chosen to not apply to me is that of Adultery! I am embarking on a journey of healing and will be documenting my readings, findings, fears, failures, victories, joys and everything in between. This will not be an easy journey. I have to be transparent and honest. The enemy, even right now, wants me to just deal with it within myself and not tell others about it, trying to convince me that noone will care, noone will even read about it. The enemy wants us to hide things to have people believe we are the only one going through it, so that we don't seek guidance and so that he can keep us in bondage to the sin. God wants to set me/us free from any and all bondages.
Job 23:10 says:
"But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold." (NLT)
Let the Journey begin...
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

You are so right. Satan would love to make you think all those things. But he is a liar and the father of lies. People do care and people have stories similar to yours and a journey back similar to yours. You are never alone. God will be with you all along this journey to guide you and he will give you people to encourage and uplift you and listen and love you along the way. Thank you so much for standing strong and letting God have his way.
ReplyDelete