The boys and I have the most interesting, and a lot of times amusing, conversations. Although I am not at the point that SoMuchMoreThanAMom is at, I will one day be there (can't wait!).
On Sunday, we somehow got on the subject that the boys would grow up and be a Daddy themselves one day. Here's a snippet of the conversation that took place... and please forgive me but sometimes when they are both talking to me I cannot remember who asked me what, I just answer the questions as best I can for a 4 or 5 year old to understand.
"Mama, when I get a big, I'm gonna be a Daddy?"
"Yes you will, you both will have kids one day"
"But what's their names gonna be?"
"Well you have to pick a name for them"
Caleb: "My kids are gonna be Julie and Cameron"
"Oh really. Well those are beautiful names for girls. Coby what are you going to name your kids?"
Coby: "Sara and Cara"
"Oh, those are beautiful names too, that sounds like you are going to have two babies at one time"
Coby: "mmm hmmm"
So they have the names picked out, for the girls at least, and I will show this to them when their wives are pregnant and see how much they stick with it!
Emily, you will be able to enjoy all these precious little conversations one day... and there's nothing better! Just remember to keep an open heart, an open mind and a laid back spirit, because they will spring stuff on you when you least expect it!
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

That made me cry... :)
ReplyDelete