1 Thessalonians 5:17 says...
"Pray without ceasing" (King James)
"Pray continually" (NIV)
"Pray all the time" (The Message)
No matter which version of the Bible you prefer, they all say the same thing. Since I woke up this morning, this verse has come to me twice already... and it's only 9:30. Coincidence? I think not... Godincidence, yes! God speaks to us through many forms of communication... TV, radio, internet, books, etc.
Pray without ceasing, I feel is what God is telling me to do. Not the kind of prayer where you are kneeling or bowing your head all day, but the kind where in every thing you do and everywhere you go you are continually talking to Him. Asking for guidance, for direction, for peace, for enlightenment, for whatever it is that is going on in life that hinders you from your purpose in God. Prayer isn't something that has to be organized... it's a simple matter of just 'talking' to God, like you would talk to a friend.
My human mind tends to get boggled down with thoughts, which then I start analyzing everything, then I start worrying about things, then it just gets so crowded in my mind I have no room for anything else... especially prayer. But God reminded me today that I've ceased to pray because of all the things this world is throwing at me, which has led me far away from where I need to be.
So today, while I go about my day, I am praying continually for anything, everything and everyone in my life... for peace of mind, for direction, for words of wisdom, for the purpose of my existence!
God, please let me hear from You.
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment