They came to Montgomery on February 16th to surprise the family (there were 5 families in the running) that would receive a home makeover. They picked The Jordan Family. They lost a daughter to domestic violence and 8 years later lost their son to a drunk driver, and are now raising their grandchildren (read full story here). I followed the day to day progress, but did not go as a spectator until Monday, which was "Reveal Day" for the family. I took the day off to be a part of it... all day. I got to the home site around 8:30 am and enjoyed the people, sites and sounds until 4:30 pm. The crew shooting for the TV show did several takes of the limo coming down the street, with a pretend family in it that they picked out from the crowd. They did several takes of Move That Bus and a couple of takes of Ty running through the crowd giving high-fives... I was up on the barracade so I got to give him high-five and may possibly be seen on the show... doesn't matter if I don't... I just enjoyed being a part of it.So here I am... I am thrilled to just experience this in person.
The most exciting part came at 2:00 when the family came home and I got to yell "move that bus!" and watching them react to their beautiful new home.
Here's their reaction!

And here's the man everyone loves to watch... Ty Pennington!
Everyone went crazy every time Ty stepped outside and was filming scenes...
This was a once in a lifetime experience that I will always remember.
The episode that will show The Jordan's new home will air on April 12th at 8:00 pm on ABC.
Look for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment