So the boys and I go to Lifeway Christian Stores last Friday after work. I'm looking for the new CD by 33 Miles and a book that Shannon is doing a small group on named "Don't Make Me Count to Three". I couldn't find the CD nor the book and the boys were a little rowdy so we ended up leaving empty handed... or so I thought.
Got home, ate supper and the boys got ready to take their baths. I was taking Caleb's phone out of his pocket and he said to me "mama, there's something else in my pocket". I reach in and pull out a key chain that he asked me if he could get when we were at the bookstore. I told him no and he put it back, but apparently he decided it was just too good to pass up and put it in his pocket. I didn't go ballistic or anything but talked to him about what he did, why it was wrong, and what we were going to do to fix it. And of all the key chains that were hanging there he picked the one that said..........
"I Love Jesus"
So on Monday I took him back to the store where he handed the sweet lady at the counter the key chain and said "I'm sorry for taking the key chain without paying for it". I had already prayed that whoever he gave it to would reinforce what I had told him about taking things without paying and that's exactly what happened. The sweet lady had a little talk with Caleb that he did the right thing in bringing it back and asked had he learned a lesson from this... to which he replied "yes". When we got in the car, he told me "Mama, I'm sorry for taking that key chain. Can we get it now?" LOL... I made a deal with him about earning money so that he could buy a key chain.
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment