Saturday, February 21, 2009, we went to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. We left Saturday morning around 9:00 and got there about 12:30 Atlanta time (11:30 our time). We couldn't check in early at the hotel so we went ahead to the aquarium, which was at least a 2 hour wait also. We went ahead and bought tickets for later, went over to the CNN Center to eat at the food court. It was packed with people... couldn't even find a table at first. At one point I was staring at a couple I thought was
JMom and her husband, but when I saw the kids (they were older and not as cute) I knew it wasn't her. We went to Centennial Olympic Park so the boys could play for a while until it was time to go back to the aquarium. Once we got to the aquarium and went through all the exhibits, the boys were worn out! We could see our hotel from the aquarium, so we didn't have far to go. We checked in around 6:00 and the boys were hungry again. I had the bright idea to go somewhere we don't have here at home. We went by the Old Spaghetti Factory, but in the back of my mind I wanted to go to The Cheesecake Factory (I've never been), so we ended up finding it somewhere in Buckhead I think, which was only a couple of miles away, but getting there seemed to take forever! The boys were asleep by the time we got there and there was a long line of people and cars trying to get in that place and it looked a little... well... too high-class to be taking my rambunctious boys. TWO hours later, we ended up going to an old favorite (from my days of when I lived in Atlanta), The Varsity, which ironically was in walking distance from our hotel... 2 blocks! LOL. Oh well, we had a good time anyways. I couldn't hardly sleep that night for some reason. Maybe because it was a strange place or maybe because the boys were not snuggled up under me like they are at home. But as soon as a big ball of fire was blazing out from under the bridge outside our window (a car on fire), my friend said he called my name to come look, but I must have finally gotten to sleep because I didn't hear anything. We didn't get to go to World Changers International Sunday morning like I wanted to. By the time we got up, we would have been rushed to get over there, plus... I was really sleepy from lack of sleep. I was just ready to get back home. Next time I will be going to Creflo Dollar's church!
No comments:
Post a Comment