We met in 1990 at Gulfport Job Corps. We became best friends instantly and have been since. Oh the stories we could tell... boyfriends, trips to Mobile, the shot house, cards games, parties, me falling in the middle of Highway 90, the burns on her back from a hot radiator (ouch that hurt)... that's all I'm going to say, you can use your imagination if you'd like to fill in the stories, but my guess is you have no idea! We had FUN!
There have been times where several years went by where we lost contact, but as soon as we found each other, the time seemed to disappear just as it did this weekend. Her daughter, Crystal, was 2 years old when I met her. She is now a beautiful young woman and doing very well for herself. Her boyfriend, Trent, is an aweseome guy who treats her like a Queen... he's a keeper, girl.
A few years later, Annette had a precious baby boy that she named Justin. She asked me to be his god-mother, in which I happily accepted. As years went by, we lost contact, life happened to me and to them and the next time I saw them was when they came to Montgomery for my baby shower when I was pregnant with Caleb. Now 5 years later we are just now seeing them again. I seem to be a bad friend or something because friends see and talk to each other more often than 5 years, wouldn't you think? But as soon as we get together, like I said before, the time we haven't seen or talked to each other just disappears. So now Justin is 15 years old, handsome and is the kind of teenager I want my boys to look up to. He is an amazing kid. Plays football, basketball, is a genuinely all around nice guy, probably popular with the girls, has lots of friends, and MINDS HIS MAMA!!! He's not one of these kids you see or hear backtalking their mama, talking to her any kind of way, showing no respect... He knows better! His mama raised him right. The boys just loved him.
Annette has always done well for herself, and she still is. God has blessed her with her own cleaning business (Majesty Cleaning Services, Mobile AL), and a Godly husband who treats her like the Queen she's always been!
We went to church and worshipped together for the first time in the 18+ years I've known her. Ironic how much we used to party and have fun, living for the devil, now we were worshipping and praising God for where we had been and where we are now. In fact there was one point during the service the Pastor said something (can't remember now) but we both looked at each other and knew exactly what he was talking about because we had been there! Amazing how life turns out if you let God take control.
I'm going to have to scan some old pictures and post on here!

No comments:
Post a Comment