Monday, December 1, 2008

If today were the last day...

Thanksgiving evening, a very good friend of my best friend (Shannon), lost her 14 year old daughter in a car accident. I have seen and talked to Tammy a few times, so I know a little about her and her love for her children. I know this is very hard for Shannon also for 2 reasons. One, because she is close to Tammy and her kids; and two, because just last week she was thanking God for her son still being here, after reading that he "wish he weren't here", so it seems really unfair that Tammy loses her daughter, while Shannon still has her son. When something like this happens, it's only natural that you wonder about things... such as did she know Jesus Christ as her Savior... is she in Heaven now... how will her mom, dad, siblings, friends and everyone else close to her get through this? Everyone will inevitably miss her, and mourn for her loss. Some will recuperate quicker, some slower. That's the way we are made... we all heal in our own time. But having God in our hearts and on our side will help the healing process.

It puts things in perspective when it's someone you know that this happens to. I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me examine my life and as myself "If today were the last day..." Would I be prepared to face Jesus Christ for judgment. Would He say "well done, thy good and faithful servant"? or would He say "depart from me, for I never knew you".

I thank God for my church and for the anointing God has place on Pastors Brian & Stacy, and for placing me under their anointing. The sermon (listen here) they brought forth yesterday coincides with what I wrote above. It was a powerful service!

No comments:

Post a Comment