For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
As I was sitting in the Casting Crowns Christmas Celebration concert last Saturday, I was listening to Denver & The Mile High Orchestra playing, and it sent me into another world it seemed. They sounded like angels playing music from Heaven. I started thinking about the orchestra and how each individual person got to this point today. How did they become a member of such a wonderful orchestra. How many hours did they dedicate to practicing their instrument. Was their goal to become part of an orchestra or band some day. Did they ever imagine being part of a tour with some of the greatest Christian artists of our day. Did their moms have different dreams for them, but yet in their heart was music that they just had to follow. Did their mom think their dream of being a musician was a "dead-end" road to nowhere, hoping they'd wake up and get a real job some day. Was she disappointed because they wanted to follow their music career. If that's the case, what does she think of her child now... now that "their" dream has finally come true. Music is a hard industry to make it in. I wonder how many years these people have been dreaming of being in the place they are today!
Then God took my thoughts in a different direction. What if your boys want to follow their dreams of being something that you think is a "dead-end" road? Will you support them and encourage them? Immediately the verse came to mind...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I pray that I will be a mom that will encourage them in whatever their dreams are. There are many paths and careers our children can take... which one will they take is the question. I try to pick up on what interests my boys to encourage that particular gift in them. One day when they realize what their dreams are... of becoming in life... that they follow that path and not "settle" for something easy. Not settle for something "I" want them to do or be. This is their life and I pray they live it by the direction God has for them. I also pray that God give me the wisdom to encourage them and guide them in the right direction, and that God will put a passion so deep within them, they cannot let it go!
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment