Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Casting Crowns Christmas Celebration - Birmingham, Alabama

Me and my friend, Anita, went to the Casting Crowns Christmas Celebration in Birmingham, Alabama last Saturday. It's hard to sum the experience into one word, but if I had to chose just one word it would be... PHENOMENAL!!!

I am a huge fan of Casting Crowns... have been for a while. I am also a huge fan of Natalie Grant... that lady has tremendous voice on her! I was on Natalie's website one day reading her blog, which led me to one of my favorite blogs, Lots of Scotts, and led me to a tour that she's going to be on with Casting Crowns... WHAT?!!!? OMG... two of my favorite people/groups together... I HAVE to go... I just have to. Well we bought tickets as soon as they went on sell and the day finally comes. We are just thrilled to actually be going... if I sound like a kid on Christmas Day, that's what I felt like. I have not been to a big concert in 20 years probably, and I'm only 36! But to make it even better... how can you get better than those two... they also had Avalon, Michael English, Denver & The Mile High Orchestra and pureNRG (to be a youth again...sigh). It was awesome. I have a couple of more blogs to write on different experiences from the concert, but for now I wanted to share some pictures.


Me outside the BJCC


Anita outside the BJCC

They were fantastic! They entertain!
They play instruments and sing!

Casting Crowns (with Natalie Grant)


Mark Hall of Casting Crowns, with Michael English in the background



Natalie Grant



Everyone on stage for the final song



No comments:

Post a Comment