I, by no means, am physically fit. I need to be and want to be, but I don't have any willpower nor anything motivates me for long. I am getting close to 40... I am 36 years old now, but if I don't do something soon, my knees (which is where I'm already starting to feel pain) are going to be useless in 10 years, or less! I can't imagine not being able to keep up with the boys as they get older and are doing more sports and such. I want to keep up with them, run around with them and participate with them. So I need to get moving! I don't like the aerobic workouts. I've tried the Dance off the Inches Hip Hop Party... HARD on the knees (just what I needed, lol). I have done Taebo. I have tried my own little routine. Don't like any of them!!! LOL... so I purchased yet another DVD to see if I would like it. I tried it this morning and I feel wonderful!!! Oh my goodness, I feel like some of my muscles were stretched and I feel "loose". It's called "Praise Moves" an alternative to Yoga. If you like the idea of Yoga but don't like the underpinnings of the Hindu culture (which in case you don't know is just the opposite of what we Christians believe), then please try Praise Moves... I feel good and it's just Day 1. Here's a link to an article where Laurette Willis (founder of of Praise Moves) talks about the reasons behind what changed her and the reasons to not do Yoga http://www.cbn.com/health/fitness/bagby_yoga-alternative.aspx#Yoga
Keep me in your prayers that I will be committed to this workout... I am not good on comitting to anything.
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment