I read this statement this morning...
"What you invest your time in, is where your heart is"
That hit home with me because I invest most all of my time into my children. It got me to thinking what I see going on around me in the world today regarding mothers letting others take care of their children. I'm sure it is different from one mother to the next of why their children are always with someone else. The most prominent being so they can party and have a good time and "live their life". Ok, you should have thought about "living your life" before having children because now you have a responsbility to raise a child. It is no longer just you to look out for. I see it all too often, more with the younger girls/women, than the older, but there really is no age limit on it... I see the kids with the grandparents while the parents are off doing whatever they want to do, not thinking about what the grandparents must feel like to always have to be taking care of children, when they've already raised theirs. Granted, a lot of grandparents want their grandchildren to stay with them, spend time with them, but I'm talking about the ones who get "stuck" with taking care of the grandchildren because if they don't, then who will? I see a much deeper root of the problem... she is looking for love in all the wrong places and in all the wrong ways, because how can you possibly find someone staying at home taking care of a kid! But see, if they knew Jesus and knew that He is the only One that can give the that eternal love that never fades. There's a lot that could be said about this subject and it's a real problem in the USA, and I may not say it the way it should be said, but I'm just saying what's on my heart this morning.
Women are turning to men, drugs, alcohol, sex, and all the lusts of the flesh to satisfy that craving for love, that will NEVER be satisfied by falling to the devices of this world, which are the devices the enemy uses to pull them in. Every woman has a purpose on this Earth, and their purpose is found in God Almighty! There is hope, love, grace and mercy in His arms.
What you invest your time in, is where your heart is... so where do you invest your time?
* trying to find a companion
* clubbing
* drinking/drugs
* sex
* books
* education
* your marriage
* work
* church
* raising your children
* taking care of home
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment