At church last night, during prayer, I got this overwhelming feeling to pray for my Dad. First let me go back a little in the service and tell about a story that Rex Davis told us.
***WARNING: The following passage may be graphic for some***
He went to his 30 year class reunion in which he found out about one particular girl who died... who was murdered. She had been on drugs and her murder was believed to have been caused by a drug deal gone bad. Her hands were tied together, her throat was slit, her chest cut wide open, and they said it was apparent that she suffered greatly from dieing a slow death, because her life's blood drained out of her. Rex got extremely emotional, as did I, because he asked himself, "Did anyone ever tell her about Jesus?"... "Did I tell her about Jesus?" The answer was most likely no for the first question and a definite no for the second.
So after the message Rex brought forth and we began prayer, I immediately felt led to pray for my Daddy... and it was a very strong and overwhelming feeling, almost like something was happening right at that moment that he needed my prayer. This has been on my heart strongly since last night, and I was praying again for him this morning. What I was feeling during prayer is that I do not want my Daddy to leave this Earth without knowing Jesus Christ died for his sins and there is an eternal heaven or hell awaiting him and that it's his choice... so the only thing I knew to do is to pray, because God works through prayers. I will continue to pray for my Daddy and my entire family, that God will send someone in their path to share with them the Way! We, as believers, are not here for ourselves... we are here to bring those that are not in the Kingdom... into the Kingdom! I am starting with my family.
This morning when I got to work, I received an e-mail from my Daddy. Nothing exciting, just one of those e-mails you forward on to the next person, but this was a HUGE deal to me as I never get ANY e-mails from my Daddy. The title was "Thank GOD for my wonderful Job" and although it had nothing to do with God... it was ironic that His name was in the title... I belive God's at work already!
A Christmas Prayer
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment