Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Word in Season

After my post yesterday, I knew I had to do something to relieve my mind of the thoughts and memories that overwhelmed me.  I know that whatever I starve will die and whatever I feed will grow.  And wanting to grow I went straight to the Word and started reading the Psalms.  And the reason I chose the Psalms is because I needed comfort and I knew that's where David poured out his heart in different areas and found comfort.  Wasn't sure where to start so I started with Psalm 1.  Went throught 4 Psalms and picked back up this morning with Psalm 5.  And just like God, He gave me a Word in season!  Here's what I'm meditating on:

Psalm 6
O Lord, don’t rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your rage.
Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak.
Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.
I am sick at heart.
How long, O Lord, until you restore me?
Return, O Lord, and rescue me.
Save me because of your unfailing love.
For the dead do not remember you.
Who can praise you from the grave?
I am worn out from sobbing.
All night I flood my bed with weeping,
drenching it with my tears.
My vision is blurred by grief;
my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies.
Go away, all you who do evil,
for the Lord has heard my weeping.
The Lord has heard my plea;
the Lord will answer my prayer.
May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified.
May they suddenly turn back in shame.

This passage speaks directly to me... the weeping, the sobbing, I'm weak, I'm in agony... but GOD! God seems to show up right on time with his words of comfort.  I get angry at the devil for the way he slyly entered my life and because of MY choice to partake in the relationship with a married man, I am now reaping the harvest I planted.  But God... how long must I suffer the consequences?  I don't know, but I will keep my eye on Him and seek Him with all my heart.  The battle is already won.  I want to walk in victory!

2 comments:

  1. God has always has the right words to say. It is a process. He is the perfect father that does not turn his back on us, but instead embraces us when we come to him.
    He leads us down a path of life as we follow.
    Will pray God will give you strength when you are week. Help you to see His love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete