Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fighting Brothers

On the way to school this morning, the boys each had a toy or two. Someone got mad. I don't even remember who, but it seems like it was Coby. He proceeds to hit Caleb with the huge Spiderman plane, over and over. Caleb get's mad and proceeds to throw a big Ironman at him. Hey... it's only fair right!?  I immediately started yelling at them to give me the toys and that NO MORE toys will be brought in the car.  I was fuming that they were all out angry and hitting each other with such force and anger... over a toy! I guess it was over a toy... I really don't even know.  But yet my mind wonders do they have pinned up anger inside of them?  I know Caleb has told me that sometimes he feels like he's the one always getting into trouble and getting punished.  I'm sure to him it seems that way, but that I can assure you that's not the case.  Both boys can be defiant and disobedient.  But when Coby gets punished he takes heed and doesn't 'continue' to be disobedient, whereas Caleb does.  I know this is all a part of growing up and sibling rivalry.  I am trying my best to raise them under God's authority.  I don't have any help being a single mother.  And me always being the discplinarian, I feel I'm so uneffective alot of times.  These are the times I wish I had that Godly male figure to help, but right now I rely on God totally for raising them to be men of God.  I could use your prayers as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Will pray for you, that God will truly be with you. That he will guide you as you pray for guidance to raise those boys.
    I don't know how you do it.
    Thanks for praying. It was funny, my husband gave me a card, he felt led to buy it. Exactly what I had needed to hear and he had not even read my blog.
    I so appreciate your prayers, more than you know.
    I will pray God will send Godly men to be influence in their lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the Bible says...'This too, shall pass.' They will be fine. They will grow up protecting each & you.

    ReplyDelete