Our church service yesterday was simply awesome. Without replaying the entire service, it came down to all the men in our church going down to the altar so that Dr. Vickers (our founder, father of our church) spoke over the men. He encouraged them, built them up and loved them, gave them instruction and commanded them to be the head of their homes. Just like a father is supposed to. He told our men to "be a man" and lead their homes and our church. The men led us in worship. Young and old. Watching men praise and worship God is something to behold!
Then Pastor Stacy got up and said this...
"There is nothing more attractive to a woman than a Godly man! Even women who are not saved are attracted to Godly men. Because there's something about what God does. It's that void that everybody's looking through. They say its a God-shaped hole in all of us. It is there because God wanted you to find Him. Every person. But men... when you allow God to fill that space in you, there is no woman on this planet (and she kind of drifted off but you knew where she was going)... if you are single, you know what you need? You need God and you will have to chase... make women quit hunting you down. You'll have to knock 'em all back. Because there's nothing more attractive than a man that worships God!"
It's so true that women are starving for men to be the leaders God intended them to be. In Jenny's post Astro-Blasters and Spiritual Leadership over at Rainmakers and Stormchasers, she made the following statement:
"And me, well, I’m dying for my husband to step up and spiritually lead in our home."
I can most assuredly say that without a doubt, most married Christian women are 'dying' for their husband to 'step up and spiritually lead' in their homes. Now if you're husband is one of those that is in his place, I hope you know what a huge blessing you have. For those that need the husband to take his role, I pray that God invade his heart and have him step up to the plate and be a man... the man God intended him to be.
For those of us that are single and waiting for that awesome, Godly man that God has for us... continue to seek God with your whole heart. In doing so, God will put him in your life at just the right time and he will be a man of "equal caliber" (as someone told me once). Know that God is preparing your husband AND preparing you to know when it's him that walks into your life... and mine!

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteTonya--
I stumbled across your blog--love your post today. I think a lot of women rush this process because they desire it so much. For my marriage, the more I stepped back, kept my mouth shut, and allowed my husband to be the leader, then he became the leader. This is a great opportunity to bend our knees before the Lord and wait patiently for Him to grow the marriage as He sees it.
Carrie, I think that's true too that women rush the process, which is why I pray every day that I won't be so anxious for a husband that I'm blinded. I want what God wants for me. Of course every woman has a 'list' of what they want in a husband, but the 1st thing on mine is that he be a Godly man... and the rest will be in place because God knows our desires and needs. I am learning from you and other women that are already married and have learned to let the man lead... take note on all of it.
ReplyDelete