Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I hate you!"

Those three little words that you DREAD to hear from your child. You may expect it from a teenager who's going through those rough teenage years, or your tween because you won't let them get something, do something or go somewhere. But from a 4 year old? I never, ever, would have imagined that I would hear those words for quite a few years. But last night, my heart hurt from Coby telling me... "I HATE YOU!!!" It hurts me right now to type it, and my eyes tear up. Where did this come from? Where did he hear this? He didn't hear this in my house or from my mouth.


I have admitted recently that I get really angry and frustrated with Coby. He's the strong-willed child, and a lot of times our temperaments clash and when it starts, it like a domino effect, where it keeps going and going, getting worst by the second. I have got to figure out a different approach to a lot of things. Our routine during the evenings. Our routine in the mornings. I've got to learn to react a different way when he lashes out, instead of getting frustrated and angry at him. I do have to say after the tempers have calmed, I get him in my lap, hug him and tell him that I love him and explain the reasons behind why he cannot do something or shouldn't do something. I'd appreciate any comments or help on this situation. Lately, it seems every single morning Coby is getting a whipping for one thing or another. I was almost in tears the other morning. HELP!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment