Sunday, April 26, 2009

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

A Time for Everything

For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

The first time I read this was soon after I was born again in November 1998. I was in a difficult place in my life, but was making the best of it. I have always been the optimist, always a positive attitude not matter what was going on… I could find the sunshine through the storm! So in coming across the passage, it kinda fell in line with what I’ve always believed… Everything Happens for a Reason (you knew it was coming didn’t you *wink*).

Joy and pain are gonna come. It’s inevitable. Think of the seasons you go through in life… they’re like a woman going into labor… there is much MUCH pain (thank God for giving man knowledge about anesthesia… whew!). It’s too late to say “oh I changed my mind, I don’t wanna go through with this”. Uh no! Too late. That baby is coming when he/she’s good and ready… in God’s time. But the instant that sweet little baby is laid in her arms, all that pain she went through disappears.

Saying all that to say that sometimes we have to go through painful season, to get the most joyous outcome! I choose to believe that’s where I am right now in life. Going through the storm. Right now I can’t see the sunshine, but in God’s time, all the pain will disappear, and joy will be mine! Don’t get me wrong, I’m still optimistic, just not my usual cheerful, happy self… and I don’t like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment