Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Right Word at the Right Time

I received a call this morning from my friend Jennifer.  She said that I was on her mind, so while driving to work she wanted to call and tell me that “everything’s going to be alright”.  She wasn’t sure why she felt she should tell me that, but felt God was letting me know everything’s going to be alright.  We talked a few minutes about how we both talk to people on the phone and in person all day, so sometimes when someone is put on our heart or we just want to call a friend, we tend to ignore it because we really just want to be left alone.  Both of us agreed we should listen and obey God more on this.  She said she wasn’t sure if it’s my finances that God’s talking about or something else.  But that God sees me and sees my heart.  I mentioned that recently my desire for a husband has gotten stronger…and wow that set the ball in motion.  Jennifer totally understands this because I’ve heard her story.  She began talking about when she was single and the feelings of loneliness and thoughts that “the one” will never come, how long before he comes, how could he possibly be better than what I had, etc. 

Oh my gracious, my spirit felt as if it was dancing with her every word.  She told me that God sees me, He knows my desires and he's on the way, to not give up nor compromise.  When God sent her husband, He knew what he was doing because they are perfect for each other and they help heal each other.  And after her first husband she thought there was no one better.  But God! 

I am excited now.  This is confirmation of everything that screams within me... DON'T COMPROMISE! God has someone far beyond your expectations.  I clearly heard God tell me one day...

"You know how wonderful your relationship was with "D", and how you think that it's just not possible to have anyone in your life better ... I have someone so much better!"

The crazy thing about all this, is that since I've been delivered from my addiction to men, I've consumed myself with God.  Read, listen, watch... everything everyday practically is about Him.  My desire for a man and sex is gone.  It doesn't even cross my mind, which if you know me, that's a miracle in itself.  But I'm not out there searching for a man or looking for a husband.  Don't get me wrong, a good looking man still catches my attention, especially if he has a great attitude too.  But I don't 'go there' in my mind about him like I did in the past.  I just think it's so awesome that Daddy would think of me so much to send me a word just for me at a time I wasn't even looking for one!  Thank you Daddy... you are wonderful.

Congenial conversation – what a pleasure! The right word at the right time – beautiful! ~Proverbs 15:23



No comments:

Post a Comment