Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our 2009 in Pictures

It's been a while since I've blogged about anything in depth.  There were many times I wanted to write about something and I'd either get interrupted, never get to it, or just forget about it.  When I first thought about blogging about our 2009, I instantly thought to myself "what are you going to write about, nothing big happened in your life, nothing that made a difference..." just negative thoughts.  Because in my mind, if I didn't do anything big, i.e. go on a real vacation, get married, buy a house, etc., then it didn't seem to even matter.  But here's the beauty of this particular posting.  As I was gathering my pictures for this posting, each picture I picked, each event, each trip, each ballgame, each concert, each everything... it made my heart swell that it's not the big things that matter.  It's the small, simple, everyday things we do that make being a mom so rewarding and that make life so enjoyable!  My negative thoughts (which if you know me are few and far between.... must have been going through some things when I started this)... quickly turned to positive thoughts which in turn into thankful thoughts and I thank God for reminding me what life is all about!  Family, friends and good food (you can't be southern and not love some good food). I hope you enjoy our 2009!
January

New Years Day
Caleb (5) & Coby (4)


New Years Day
Caleb & Coby playing Wii for the first


Me with a swollen mouth from getting wisdom teeth extracted out of my
gums and because my mouth is so small they split the corners which hurt the worst!


Coby poked himself in the eye with a pencil



Monster Jam at Garrett Coliseum


January 27th - I turned 37 years old
Shannon took me to lunch at Filet & Vine in Cloverdale



February

Took a trip to Mobile to see Annette, Crystal & Joustin
The boys slept most of the way (this was their first road trip)


Caleb, Coby & Joustin (Mobile)



Annette & me
We met at Gulfport Job Corps in 1990 and have been friends since
Oh the times we had back then


Extreme Makeover - Home Edition
Ty Pennington looking over his script


Tracy, Paul & Eduardo (the deisgners)


The Jordan Family
(Southlawn Community)


The Jordans Extreme Home!


March
Snow in March - March 1st


Uncle Andy's backyard



Rodeo
Cowboy Coby!


Cowboy Caleb


Shannon, McKenzie, Tyra & Nathaniel



T-Ball begins (East Montgomery)
Caleb & Coby



Caleb & Coby riding their trucks and watching a mama bird
sitting on her egg on a beautiful spring day


May
Casting Crowns Concert
Me & Shannon


Anita & me


McKenzie


Nathaniel


And the music begins while its daylight


Still going while the sun sets on over the Alabama River


And still going at dark


Caleb's version of t-ball
I think by this point, Coby had already quit!


Fall Festival - St. John's Head Start
Coby & Caleb riding the train


May 16th - Caleb turned 6 years old


Birthday Boy Caleb


Caleb's end of school Kindergarten program
Morningview Elementary School



Caleb's Kindergarten teacher, Mary Glen Grant (with glasses on)


Kindergarten picnic at Vaugh Road Park
Darece & Caleb


Caleb & Mrs. Grant
(the BEST kindergarten teacher... and Coby got her too!)


Coby with his mohawk


Caleb with his mohawk


Caleb cleaning his rims/truck (like Daddy)



Coby has to shine his up too


The boys cooling off by spraying each other with their water bottles
(see Daddy cleaning his truck in the background)


June
T-Ball Closing Ceremonies


Coby & Caleb with their trophies


Caleb & Antonio (cousin)



Summer begins
Uncle Andy's new house with the pool
Caleb sliding



Coby sliding



4th of July
Amphitheater, downtown Montgomery


The boys playing in the Splash Pad



August

Caleb's tooth growing in before the first one falls out



Coby & Caleb being boys
tanned from spending the summer at the YMCA




October

Playhouse Disney LIVE


Mohawks (for the 2nd time)



Caleb & Ethan at Honors Day (first 9 weeks)
Caleb got all A's



Coby & Caleb with their pumpkins they picked out
at the Grand Ole' Pumpkin Patch



Halloween
Stephen, Vada & Kailey (nephew & nieces)
Coby (Wolverine) and Caleb (Duke from GI Joe)



Meeeooowwww!
Me and my sister, Emily



November

Enjoying a beautiful day at Shakespeare Park & Museum of Fine Arts



Thanksgiving at Uncle Andy's


Caleb & Coby (random pic)


Spot on Caleb's neck from a condition called "tinea capitis" (fungal infection)
**will update with another picture of his head, where he lost his hair**



December

Natalie Grant
Christmas Tour


I was fortunate to be able to meet her backstage
and she autographed her book "The Real Me"


Christmas Parade - downtown Montgomery
Caleb


Coby



Me, Coby & Caleb (it's rare we get pics together)


Caleb & Coby being silly (as usual)


Skating after watching Alabama beat Florida in the SEC Championship
Coby


Caleb


No-Rehearsal Chrismtas Story at our church during the family Christmas Dinner
Christian Life Church (http://www.clconline.com/)
I think they were confused and thought they were Ninja's


Caleb & Coby visiting Santa at The Gemette's


lights galore at The Gemette's


more lights



and more lights


house in The Timbers
Alabama Elephants and Saban as Santa


Christmas Eve @ Shannon's
Carlos - not sure... not sure I want to know!


Shannon & Minnie Me McKenzie


Caleb, me and Coby
tried several times to take a pic that was decent and in
each one, someone managed to be silly... go figure



Shannon giving Caleb "rabbit ears",
which he thought was really funny



but giving Shannon "reindeer ears" was much funnier



Nathan & Caleb


Coby, McKenzie & Caleb drawing pretty pictures on
McKenzie's new art paper and pencils


'finger-licking good'
Carlos tried his best to not get his pic taken while he was eating



Coby asleep with his new T-Rex Dinosaur that Santa brought,
on the way to Uncle Andy's for Christmas Lunch
It was only noon... new toys must have worn him out


Uncle Andy cutting the ham
Aunt Chris cutting the cherry crumb pie
on the menu:  ham, turkey breast, cornbread dressing,
sweet potato casserole, potato salad, corn, mac & cheese
and much more that I cannot remember... but just know it was GOOD!


the kids enjoying the food
and of course one of mine someone manages to be silly
(Coby's sticking out his tongue)


Uncle Greg & Aunt Emmie
T-Rex is attacking Aunt Emmie
btw... Emily and Greg are expecting their first baby!!!
Little Jackson :)





3 comments:

  1. Hi Tonya! It is always great to meet another sister via blogger world :) Thank you so much for the comments on my blog. The Mariokart figures I found on ebay and Will was just so excited by them. They are from Japan which made them even better :) He love a show called Ninja Warrior that is filmed there. I enjoyed looking through all your pictures from last year and yes, it is in the daily life that we really see God. He is there everyday and if we just look we will see Him. He is always ready to speak and show us His presence. I look forward to chatting with you more via our blogs :)

    God Bless,
    Brandee

    PS I think you caught me mid-way through my background update this morning :) Check out my new header of John and I. It is one of my favorite pictures of us taken at Valentine's day a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! It looks like you had some wonderful times!!! Having time with family is so important!

    BTW, I can't believe you got a pic of Ty!!!

    -alisa hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tonya, I was looking at your favs list and things and we do like a lot of the same things :) My email is ezekiel2230.prayerwarrior@gmail.com if you want to email me :) Look forward to chatting with you some more!

    ReplyDelete