July 31, 2009
WE MOVED
We moved to a new apartment today. Moved from a 2 bed/2 bath to a 2 bed/1 bath, but it's bigger and almost $300 cheaper! Who wouldn't go for that? Only drawback... we are upstairs, which is a first, and I have rambunctious boys!!! Can you imagine what the lady downstairs thinks about moving from upstairs to downstairs now, lol. I try to calm them down when they get rowdy, but I also remember that we live in a multi-tenant building and that's one of the things you have to deal with, plus I cannot contain all their energy by saying "be quiet, don't jump, don't throw the ball, don't be loud, etc." That's not fair to them. We are gonna be here until I can pay off some debt, get my credit somewhat decent and buy a house.
August 8, 2009
BEADS DO NOT GO IN YOUR NOSE!
It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The boys and I are were out doing a little school shopping, heading down Atlanta Highway to find Coby some shoes. Caleb calls my name real quietly from the backseat. I turn around to find these huge tears in his eyes. Fear gripped me. I said "what's wrong?" He said "I got a bead in my nose." I pull over into the Walmart parking lot, get out and go around to his side and look in his nose. At the very top is a little black bead, about the size of a english pea, is stuck in just the right place that I could not get it with my fingernail. My mind is racing... what do I do? Do I take him to Pri-Med or to the ER? I buckle him back in, about to head somewhere and still not sure where yet. As I'm pulling up to the stop sign to get on McLemore Road, I remember I have some tweezers in my console, so I pull over into Burger Kings parking lot. I commence to find my tweezers and attempt to do surgery on my son's nose. If this didn't work, we would be at the ER next. He saw me coming towards his nose with these little silver clamp-like things and he was scared saying "no, no, no". I said "Caleb, if you don't let me try, we're going to have to go to the hospital and they'll have to cut your nose off". Yeah, that was a little dramatic, but I had to convince him to let me try, lol. He was crying and sniffing and I was saying "don't snifff cause it you may swallow it". The bead was right in the crook of his nose where if he sniffed too hard, it would go down. I was thinking "heck, if it did all that would happen is that he'd poop it out at some point", but the unknown if that would happen for sure had me worried. After about 5 minutes, I hit the bead just right and it popped out. We celebrated and hugged alot in that Burger King parking lot. For the next week probably all I heard from Caleb was "I'm not gonna put another bead in my nose, cause the doctor might cut my nose off". Even when we went to Andy's house the next day and was telling him what happened, he told Caleb the same thing I did about the doctor would have to cut his nose off, lol. So I think he understand that beads do not go in your nose! Oh... and we did find Coby some cute little Nike shoes to look cute in for his first day of Kindergarten.
KINDERGARTEN AND 1ST GRADE
Coby's in kindergarten and under the Red Apple system, where you start off with a red apple each day, which is what you also want to end up with. However, if you break a rule, you get your apple color changed. Coby got red apples for the first 3 days of school. For the next 7 days of school he got every color of the apple system I think. Can't keep his hands to himself... wanted to touch the books, the toys, this or that. He pushed a little girl in P.E. one day, and I asked him why... he said "ugghh, mama, she was tieing her shoe and wouldn't move". LOL... ok the way he was looking was like "mama, you don't understand... she was tieing her shoe and holding everybody up in line behind her". Inside I was laughing because I can imagine what was going through his little mind and so I guess he felt like he should do something about it to get the line moving. Patience... I must teach patience! When I ask him why he did something, he will tell me "cause I'm bad". Now why in the world would he say that... more so, WHERE did he pick that up from. I know exactly where it came from... Mimi's house. And whether it's been said directly to him or if he heard someone saying it to some other child in the house, he will not ever ever think he is a bad child.
Caleb is really enjoying 1st grade and learning rapidly. His mind is like a little sponge, but I've noticed that he has a bad habit of saying "I can't" alot! Don't know where he gets that because if I don't do anything else, I encourage my boys to learn and try new things without fear of failing. But also if they don't get it or can't do it, to try again until they do. Can't is not an acceptable term in my house. He's doing pretty good as far as behavior, but he likes to talk alot, and he'll tell me he was talking to Brandon.
TATTOO
OH... and I almost forgot.. I got my first TATTOO!!! Me and my best friend Shannon got tattoo's alike.
Hurt like hell! But it I kept the A&D ointment on it and within a week it was pretty much healed with hardly any itching like some people were telling me was going to happen. Some say "gosh you went big for your first one". Might as well get what I want if I'm gonna do it! Aren't they pretty?

The boys spent their days at the YMCA every day and loved it. Swimming at the Y and being at Andy's almost every weekend helped them become really good swimmers. We've also been to Alabama Adventure, which was totally fun. The fall is coming upon us and I will be signing them up for basketball this winter to see how they like that.


No comments:
Post a Comment